Every day we are faced with an endless number of choices. Do I get gas here or there? Do I buy coffee from this coffee shop, or the one across the street? Did you know you have the same choices when it comes to where you receive your healthcare? There can be up to a 500% difference in cost for in-network providers!
If that same price difference applied to other things you buy…
- That means your $3.50 coffee is now $18.
- Your $11 movie ticket is now a whopping $55.
- A $5 loaf of freshly-baked whole grain bread is now $75.
When you think of it that way, it’s pretty clear. You would never pay $75 for a loaf of bread, or $55 for a movie ticket if you didn’t have to.
We’re here to tell you, you don’t have to pay more for your healthcare either.
The range of prices for a knee MRI in St. Louis is from $912 to $5409. The fair price for this procedure is $1125 – you shouldn’t have to pay more than that.
- Before you receive care, call your provider and ask for a price.
- As a general rule, hospitals are always going to be more expensive.
- Always use an in-network provider. If you choose an out-of-network provider, your costs will be even higher than what you see above.
You Tell Us
Have you overpaid for healthcare? We want to hear your story; comment below.