COVID-19 Info and Helpful links
One of the biggest questions for our Advocacy team the last few weeks has been about COVID-19 testing. To help, we’ve put together some of our findings* for you below.
* Please keep in mind that information is changing quickly and we will do our best to keep you up-to-date with the latest in the coming weeks.
While each state has slightly different protocols for testing based on the virus’ spread in that area, more testing locations continue to roll out each day.
If you think you may have been infected, here is the protocol most states are urging you to use:
1. Call your doctor. Tell them about your symptoms and your exposure. They will decide whether you need to be tested.
2. Get informed. You can visit your state’s Department of Health website or call their hotlines. You can find a full list of state hotlines for COVID19 here.*
*Be prepared to wait if you call the hotlines. Our team has experienced an average wait time of about 50 minutes. In some cases, you’ll be asked to call back at a later time instead of sitting on hold.
3. Stay contained!
Pricing for COVID-19 testing
Insurance companies are required to cover the cost of approved COVID-19 testing. More specific information can be found below:
· Information on Pricing of COVID 19 testing from United Health Care
· Information on Pricing of COVID 19 testing from Cigna
· Information on Pricing of COVID 19 testing from Blue Cross Blue Shield
· Information on Pricing of COVID 19 testing from Medicare
· Information for care and testing costs for uninsured can be found here.
Important Reminder from the CDC:
If you are very sick, seek immediate medical attention!
If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include*:
· Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
· Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
· New confusion or inability to arouse
· Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
· To get the information about testing in your state click here.
· For the latest updates from the CDC and a guide for what to do if you are feeling sick or want to know how to protect yourself click here.
· For a list of FAQ's from the CDC click here.
Stay safe and healthy as well!
-The HooPayz Team