Effective September 15, 2012
WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
Hoopayz collects information about you in order to be able to provide you with personalized service on the website. We collect the following information:
- Personal Information:We collect information that tells us who you are such as your name, email address, your age and gender, log-in information and password. This enables us to provide better, more relevant services to our members. We may use this information to contact you about news or additional services.
- Comments and Survey Responses: We conduct surveys and other mechanisms to allow us to get feedback on our services so that we can make changes to meet the needs of our members. This information is maintained in aggregate and will not be used to identify you personally. In some instances we may request or voluntarily receive comments or feedback that we share on the website without using your name. If you voluntarily provide such written feedback or comments we reserve the right to publish it in any medium without identifying you.
- Share Your Story: The website allows you to give us personal examples regarding your health care expenses. If you put information on this section of the website we do not ask for your last name. The stories left in this section of the website may be viewed by other members and the public at large. We may use the stories for marketing purposes but we will not sell the stories or use for any unrelated purpose.
- Payment Information: We will not keep credit card information on file. Each time a member wishes to purchase an additional item or service you will need to submit the card information.
DISCLOSING OR SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your permission or as listed below:
- If we have your permission to disclose the information in order to provide service to you.<l/i>
- We need to disclose the information to a financial services provider to complete payment for services and items your purchase.
- We must disclose the information pursuant to law.
- We must disclose the information as part of a sale or acquisition of some or all of our business.
- To the extent necessary to maintain our site.
- We may disclose or sell aggregate information about our site. For instance, we may disclose the number members we have that fall into a specific age group or are Medicare participants.
HOW HOOPAYZ SECURES THE WEBSITE
Hoopayz keeps the Personal Information and other non-personal information in databases that we maintain or that our administrative service providers maintain on our behalf. We use industry standard security measures to protect the information on our site. For instance, we use a secure log-in feature and we limit access to personal information to those who have a need to know to manage or administer the site. However, we cannot guarantee that our security system cannot be penetrated or that our databases cannot be penetrated or information intercepted while be transmitted over the internet. HooPayz does not accept any liability or responsibility for the security of personal information transmitted over the internet. Our members are responsible for maintaining the security of any personal information transmitted over the internet.
HooPayz requires certain personal information in order to provide the services offered on its website. It would be impossible to provide certain relevant content and tools without certain personal information. Therefore, at this time we do not offer our members the ability to opt-out of providing personal information to the company. We will allow our members to choose what email notifications they receive (other than emails related to payment and renewal).
Members have access to their log-in information and member profile on the Edit Account page on the website.
USE BY CHILDREN
The HooPayz website is not intended for use by children under the age of eighteen (18) (“children”). Therefore, we do not knowingly collect or post information from children without their parent or guardian’s permission. We do not knowingly collect any data from children for any purpose, including sharing information with any third party.